Monday, June 30, 2008

Grand Cayman Trip Report

Hello one and all,

Today was our second day in Grand Cayman. We arrived Saturday without a hitch. Well almost without a hitch, my dive gear bag was not there. Don't know if this ever happened to you, but it is a terrible sick feeling. I went to the desk to report it and then a young man came to the desk with my dive gear bag. He said that he picked it up by mistake and apologized. I shook his hand and thanked him. Glad he was honest, some thief would have had a bag of really nice dive and video gear. Praise God.

We are staying on the East End at The Reef Resort. It takes about 45 minutes to drive here from the airport. If you are looking for quiet, like we are, this is the place. If you are looking for action, well you will need to stay closer to Georgetown on the west end. I am adapting to driving on the left side of the road, by the way.

Elaine is enjoying herself and getting a good rest. Nothing beats sleeping under a palm tree. Food is very good, too good.

About the diving. Quite a difference jumping off the boat and looking down to see the bottom. Water is 80 degrees, vis is out of this world. Reefs are gorgeous, as are tropical fish life. The highpoint was a big sea turtle swimming past me. You know of course, it's really going to hurt to get back in those Ohio quarries. My dive buddy may have to use a whip and a chair.

I will post again when there are things of note. Take care everyone. Signing off from paradise.

Marshall

No comments: