Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dodge Nitro Woodworking Project

I really like my Nitro. It looks sharp and is very comfortable. The only downside of a big SUV is that Elaine struggles to climb up and in the passenger side. I looked for a passenger side handle all over the internet and called Dodge, but no one seemed to have one.


Someone on the Dodge Nitro forum built his passenger handle out of wood and put his plans up on the forum, so I copied those.


It took a few hours on Saturday and Sunday to do the woodworking. Last night, I spray it with a couple of coats of primer and a couple of coats of Krylon Fusion. I like this paint, it gives it a plastic coated look and feel. I let it dry overnight.


I installed the passenger handle this morning. Not a fine craftsman, but not bad, if I do say so myself.


No comments: